At least 12 convenience stores, markets raided by police in St. Joseph, Elkhart Counties Created by jzimney on 6/9/2014 4:08:27 PM Pin It
Police are conducting a simultaneous raid at several local markets after an extensive investigation into synthetic marijuana sales.
Armed with search warrants, Narcotics investigators with Metro Special Operations and officers with South Bend and Mishawaka police entered six convenience stores:
• Stop Shop - 1039 Lincolnway West, South Bend, Indiana
• Rick's Mart - 3529 W. Western Avenue, South Bend,lndiana
• Sam's Food Mart - 1336 Lincolnway West, South Bend, Indiana
• Eddy Street Food Mart - 334 N. Eddy Street, South Bend, Indiana
• Always Open -1401 N. Bendix Avenue, South Bend, Indiana
• Rick's - 302 S. Main Street, Mishawaka, Indiana
It's the culmination of a year-long investigation into the distribution of synthetic drugs in St. Joseph County. County Prosecutor Michael Dvorak says the raid was conducted after hearing from people living in the neighborhoods around these markets who reached out about their concerns.
The Elkhart Truth reports authorities in Elkhart County are also conducting investigations at six locations, as well.